Entrepreneurs, who want to open a business in Cyprus, must conduct activities in accordance with the Companies Act (2003).
- A Partnership: general or limited.
Registering an LLC in Cyprus. Features:
- at least 1 founder, a max. number of shareholders is 50;
- 100% foreign ownership;
- a capital is divided into shares (cannot be freely transferred);
- a shareholder liability is limited by the size of deposits;
- an enterprise is managed by the Board of Directors;
- a local secretary is a mandatory requirement of the Regulator.
Establishing a Cyprus JSC. Features:
- the max. number of shareholders is unlimited, shares can be freely transferred;
- shares may be listed on the Cyprus Stock Exchange;
- there are no minimum capital requirements.
Opening a Partnership in Cyprus. Features:
- a Full Partnership implies a presence of at least 2 sharers (no more than 20);
- within 1 month from the registration, a partnership must be registered in the Register of partnerships;
- foreign investors can participate in partnerships.
A Limited Partnership is popular among small businesses. It has a general and a limited partners: a general partner is responsible for managing the company, has an unlimited liability.
Foreigners can open branches in Cyprus. A main requirement is the provision of annual financial statements in Greek or with appropriate translation.
- A corporate tax is 12,5%.
- Resident companies and private individuals are subject to state defense contributions.
- A foreign resident pays tax on income, earned in Cyprus.
For more information about a tax environment of Cyprus, request for personal advice on tax and accounting reports from IQ Decision specialists.
- Dividends - 0%.
- Royalty - 10%.
- Interest - 0%.
How to register an enterprise in Cyprus remotely?
To set up a Cyprus company, ask for personal advice on starting a business in Cyprus with experienced IQ Decision professionals, who will help at every stage of business registration abroad.
The information outlined in the article is actual at the time of its publication.
Please refer to our specialists for checking possible solutions for your business.
Still have any questions?
Fill out the form or contact us as you find convenient: skype, telegram, etc. Our experts will help you resolve the issue.