Thank you for your query. We will contact you soon.
Registering a company in Algeria in 2020
Benefits of doing business in this jurisdiction:
- A high level of GDP;
- The government is interested in investing and developing promising industries;
- Well-established economic relations with Morocco, Tunisia and Libya;
- A flexible tax system; - The remote company registration is possible.
Support in company registration is from 7500 €
Approximate terms of company registration is from 14 daysDetailed information
* Information about the owners of the company is available for an additional fee
Algeria is an independent state, located in Northern Africa. It is the largest country in Africa and the 10 largest state in the world. Algeria borders on Tunisia, Morocco, Mali, Niger and Mauritania.
The capital is the city of Algeria.
If you are interested in registering a company in Algeria, you can ask for personal advice on Algerian bank account opening and obtaining a business license.
Investors, who want to set up a company in Algeria can take advantage from the following:
- Algeria is the largest gas exporter in Africa. Therefore, opening a gas company in Algeria can be a good idea. Also, the country has rich deposits of ferrous and non-ferrous metals, manganese and phosphorite.
- The largest shale gas deposits are expected to require investment in field development. Therefore, there is a need for innovative technologies for mining and skilled engineers.
- The Algerian government is stimulating investment the agriculture sector.
Those, who are planning to register a company in Algeria, should know that this state has a high GDP per capita ($ 600 billion per 41 million people). Also, it is ranked 36th of 137 countries in terms of the global competitiveness index.
Algeria is the largest state of the mainland, covering an area of 2 381 740 km², that is almost entirely occupied by the Sahara.
If you want to learn more about business advantages of this country, you can request for individual advice on company registration procedure in Algeria from IQD Consulting experts. Also, we can provide you with legal support services in corporate account opening with an Algerian bank.
If you are intended to open a company in Algeria remotely, we recommend you to consider the tax regime:
- VAT is 17%;
- Corporate tax for production activities is 19%. Companies engaging in construction works, public works, building hydraulic structures and tourism activities (excluding travel agencies) are subject to 23%;
- The income tax rate for most other activities is 26%;
- Those, who want to set up an Algerian company, should know that other rules may apply to the hydrocarbon and mining sectors;
- An income tax of 5% applies to importers of medical supplies and equipment;
- Representative offices of companies are also subject to a 15% tax on remittances to a foreign head office;
- Dividends are taxed at a rate of 15%, and only 29 DTA agreements reduce such tax payments, mostly signed with other African countries.
For more information, you can ask for advice on business organization process in Algeria from IQD Consulting specialists.
The procedure of registering a business in Algeria in the coming months should be simplified, as the Algerian government plans to abolish the minimum capital requirement.
If you are planning to set up a company in Algeria remotely and open a corporate account with Algerian bank, then you need to fulfill the following conditions:
- At least 2 directors and 2 shareholders;
- To open a company in Algeria, you need at least $ 1000 of the share capital;
- Foreigners do not have the right to completely own Algerian companies and are required to find a resident partner for 51% of the joint venture;
- Before you register a company in Algeria, you must sign a lease of physical premises for an office;
- A translation of the documents into Arabic, French or Berber is required. Most of the population speaks French.
It is possible to register a company in Algeria without a personal visit and open an account for a company remotely. Our lawyers can provide you with a legal assistance in an account opening with an Algerian bank.
In order to set up an Algerian company remotely you will need 14 days to sign contracts. In 4 months, you will have an opportunity to conduct your own business and make a profit.
- Bank ABC;
- BNP Paribas;
- Gulf Bank Algeria;
- Citi Bank.
You can receive qualified advice on company registration process in Algeria and account opening from IQD Consulting lawyers by calling our office.