Thank you for your query. We will contact you soon.
Company registration in Zug in 2020:
Setting up a business in the canton of Zug has several advantages, and the key of them are:
- Crypto Valley is a leading ecosystem for FinTech and Blockchain technologies;
- Adapted legislative framework for crypto activities;
- Corporate tax in the canton: 14,4%;
- Zug is the richest Swiss canton;
- Prestigious jurisdiction.
Company registration: from 8 100 EURDetailed information
Zug is the smallest (239 km²), but the richest and densely populated (500 people per 1 km²) canton of Switzerland. Also, it is the metropolitan region of Zurich. The Canton of Zug borders on Schwyz, Aargau, Lucerne and Zurich.
The official language is German. The population is more than 125 thousand people.
Registering a company in the Canton Zug or buying an existing Swiss company will be a good idea, because this canton is governed by its own tax regulators. 100 years ago, Zug has experienced a critical economic situation, but even then a legislative framework was created, on the basis of which, the cantons of Zug and Glarus reduced tax rates for resident companies.
The tax policy of the canton was effective, and since 1990, Zug has become the richest canton of the country. If you are planning to open a corporate bank account in Zug, note that, the canton’s GDP is nearly 300 million CHF per year and per capita income is one of the highest in the state.
For more information, please ask for individual advice on company registration process in Zug and legal support services on account opening in Swiss bank from IQ Decision specialists.
Of the approximately 83 000 working people, 73% are involved in trade and services, 24,8% in industry, and 2,2% in agriculture.
If you want to set up a company in Zug, please take a look at the popular types of business activity:
- Mining of precious metals, zinc and copper;
- Coal mining;
- Cryptocurrency activities (ICO);
- Oil production;
- Production of household appliances (the most famous manufacturer is V-ZUG);
- Construction and real estate operations;
Those, who are planning to register a company in the Canton of Zug, may consider the following most developed economic sectors:
- Hotel business;
- Opening a cryptocurrency company in Switzerland;
- Software development;
If you want to register a Swiss company and want to learn more about the most prospective business lines, then you can request for qualified advisor on business organization procedure.
Those, who are planning to open a Zug company remotely, can choose the following business entity types:
- Joint venture;
- AG with the share capital of 100 000 CHF (91 500 EUR);
- Holding company with the share capital of 18 500 EUR;
- Mixed company with the share capital of 20 000 CHF;
- Charitable foundation with the share capital of 20 000 CHF.
IQ Decision specialists recommend that you register a GmbH in Switzerland with the share capital of 20 000 CHF (18 500 EUR), because it is the most easy-to-manage legal form.
Setting up a company in Zug is a profitable decision, owing to the fact that the tax rate of the cantong is at a minimum level according to international standards. Also, many companies subject to standard taxation are based in the canton of Zug because of cost-effectiveness.
If you are intended to open a company in the Canton of Zug, please consider the following tax rates:
- Corporate tax rate in Zug: 6%. Companies with the annual turnover over 100 000 CHF are subject to 4%;
- Income tax rate in Switzerland: 8.5%;
- VAT: 8% (for hotel business – 3.8%, for financial services and defined group of commodities – 2,5%);
- Capital gains tax: not less than 150 CHF × 0.075 (per 1000 shares);
- WHT on dividends and interest payments: 35%;
- Personal income tax in Zug: 8%;
- Dividends from foreign companies, commissions received from non-residents: 0%;
- Income from investments: 0%.
In order to register a Zug company and open a Zug company bank account remotely, you can contact IQ Decision lawyers and receive personal advice on business opening process in Switzerland.
Those, who are interested in opening a company in the Canton of Zug, need to fulfill the following conditions:
- Non-repeating name of the company with legal form specification;
- 1 or more directors (Swiss), individuals;
- 1 or more shareholders (Swiss), individuals and/or legal entities;
- Registered office in Zug;
- Board meetings should be held in Switzerland;
- Accounting, financial reporting (once a year) and tax return are required.
In order to open an account for a Swiss company, we recommend that you consider the following banks: Raiffeisen, UBS, BNP Paribas, ING, Credit Suisse and Lombard Odier.
If you want to set up a Zug company, you should know, that since the middle of the last century, the canton is the center of international trade in raw materials (oil) and food commodities (coffee). The Zug's 100 trading companies include corporations such as Shell, Glencore Xstrata, BP.
Registering a food company in Zug will be also a good idea. For example, Nestlé S.A. has one of its headquarters in the Canton of Zug.
In addition, IQ Decision experts recommend that you open a medical centre in Zug. The municipality of Risch is an important pharmaceutical centre, where companies such as Novartis Pharma and Novartis Consumer Health, Sandoz Pharmaceuticals, Roche Diagnostics (Hoffmann-La Roche), Alcon are based.
To find out more, you can request for individual advice on Swiss company opening procedure from qualified IQ Decision lawyers. Also we will provide you with legal support services on corporate account opening in Zug, obtaining a license and other related matters.
The information outlined in the article is actual at the time of its publication. Please refer to our specialists for checking possible solutions for your business.