Thank you for your query. We will contact you soon.
Registering a company in Greece in 2020
Main advantages of doing business in Greece are:
- The country is a member of the EU;
- The ability to enter the European market;
- One of the popular jurisdictions;
- Lack of income tax, if activities are conducted outside the country;
- Relatively short registration deadlines.
A business registration costs from 2400 €
A duration of a company registration is from 14 daysDetailed information
Greece (the official name is the Hellenic Republic) is a country that is located in Southern Europe. It is a member of the European Union and NATO.
Despite the problems that were related to the crisis in 2009, today the state economy has a positive trend. Therefore, if you conduct international activities and want to register a European company, then this jurisdiction will be an excellent option for you.
If you decide to set up a company in Greece, seek professional advice from experienced IQ Decision experts. We will provide you with advice and support at every stage of business registration.
You can enjoy a variety of tax benefits if you will register any of the following legal forms:
- Public Limited Company (AE);
- Limited Liability Company (EPE);
- Private Capital Company (IKE);
- Limited Liability Partnership (OE/EE);
Limited Liability Company (EPE) and Public Limited Company (AE) are the most common forms.
In addition, branches of foreign companies that operate outside of Greece are in demand. Branches are an analogue of offshore, because they are exempt from income tax and can take advantage of the double taxation avoidance agreement (DTAA).
In order to set up an LLC in Greece, please contact our lawyers. We will tell you in details about the company registration process.
First of all, you need to choose a name for the company. It should relate to your type of activity. The next step will be a description of the company's activities and its Charter. Determine the period for which you decided to register a Greek company (you can extend it later).
- Registered office within the state;
- The share capital of at least 4,500 Euro;
- Specification of the shares of each participant in the share capital;
- The number of participants: at least 1;
- Minimum number of accountants: 1;
- A company manager (must have an identification number).
If you want to register a Societé Anonyme company in Greece, then you will need the following:
- To choose a name for a company that is associated with the activity;
- To describe the activities of the company;
- To draw up a Charter;
- To register an office in Greece;
- To have a minimum capital of 60,000 Euro;
- To specify the participation interests of shareholders in the share capital;
- To determine the period for which you decided to set up an AE company in Greece (it can be extended later).
- Minimum number of shareholders: 1;
- Board of Directors: from 3 to 7 people (each must have a tax number);
- 2 accountants.
After the preparatory stage and the collection of documentation, we will help you to obtain preliminary approval of the company name.
You will need to pay stamp duty to the National Bank (1% of the amount of the share capital). Next will be the submission of the Charter to a special service for its registration and payment of tax on the concentration of capital (1%) of the amount of the share capital to the National Bank.
After registering in the Chamber of Commerce, you will be charged a yearly fee.
All this will take about 20 days.
To set up a Greek company it is also necessary to obtain VAT numbers and open an account in the Greek bank (in order to contribute the share capital to a corporate account).
Check with our specialists for details.
After the obtaining of full package of documents that confirms the existence of the company (name, Charter, company information, tax number, description of the company’s activities, etc.), you can conduct international business in the state.
If you want to open a company in Greece, then keep in mind that you need to submit an annual report for the past year (until March 31 of the current year). In addition, it is necessary to file a tax return (VAT – 19%) every 2 months.
In order to become the owner of a business in Greece and to register a company and open an account for a Greek company, it is necessary to take into account all the features and requirements of this jurisdiction.
To receive support services and arrange a business as quickly and efficiently as possible, please refer to our lawyers using the contacts listed on the site.
The information outlined in the article is actual at the time of its publication. Please refer to our specialists for checking possible solutions for your business.