Thank you for your query. We will contact you soon.
Company registration in Labuan in 2020
Doing business in this jurisdiction has the following benefits:
- A developed economy and a favorable geographical location;
- Labuan is a large banking center with a stable financial system;
- Low tax rates; - A lot of double taxation avoidance agreements;
- The possibility of 100% foreign ownership of the company;
- You can register a company without a personal visit.
Business registration in Labuan – from 3600 €
Company registration period – from 10 daysDetailed information
Labuan is one of the largest federal territories of Malaysia. It is located in the South China Sea, northwest of Borneo island. Labuan`s area includes 1 large and 6 smaller islands.
Today, this jurisdiction is an actively developing Asian International Business and Financial Centre with a stable circulation of financial flows of Malaysia, the Philippines and the Sultanate of Brunei. The strongest sectors of economy are: banking, financial and insurance services, tourism, oil and gas industry, food industry.
Setting up a company in Labuan can be a good idea both for launching a startup and for a business expansion.
If you are interested in registering a company in Labuan and opening a corporate account in Labuan bank, then here you can take a look at the main advantages of this jurisdiction:
- Labuan is a part of Malaysia with the 3rd greatest economy in South-East Asia;
- Malaysia ranked 23rd place on competitiveness in the world;
- Free Trade Zone and a Free Port;
- High quality of life;
- Favorable climate for investment and development of small and medium-sized businesses;
- Skilled labour;
- Highly developed banking system (more than 60 financial institutions located in Labuan);
- 68 DTAs with Switzerland, Belgium, Canada, Australia, Czech Republic, Germany and others;
- Flexible taxation system.
If you want to set up a company in Labuan remotely you should know that there are only two business types allowed in this jurisdiction: Trading and Non-trading companies.
You can open a Trading Company choosing such business spheres as: import and export operations, banking, financial and consulting services, etc.
And if you want to open a Non-Trading company, you can give preference to dealing with shares, investment, deposits and the like non-trading instruments.
In the first case, if you want to register a Trading Company in Labuan, you will need to meet the following conditions of the Regulator:
- Minimum 1 director and 1 shareholder of any nationality (individuals or entities);
- Minimum paid up share capital – 1 USD;
- Statutory audit for all accounts of the company;
- No trade license requirements;
- No requirements for resident director, shareholder or manager;
- No local registered office requirements.
And, in the second case, if you would like to open a Non-Trading Company in Labuan you should meet all the above conditions, except the statutory audit.
Entrepreneurs, which are planning to register a company in Labuan and open a business account in Labuan bank should know that non-trading companies in Labuan are exempt from the income tax. Also, trading companies are subject to 3% income tax on annual net profits.
As for the other taxes, there are no requirements for:
- Custom duties;
- Stamp duties;
- Withholding taxes on dividends, interest payments and royalties.
If you are interested in registering a company in Labuan remotely it will be better to consult our competent lawyer. IQ Decision company can propose you a full set of legal services, such as: a corporate account opening, conducting a business analysis of jurisdiction, fast preparation of papers and many others.
The registration process usually takes 7 days.
The information outlined in the article is actual at the time of its publication.
Please refer to our specialists for checking possible solutions for your business.
Still have any questions?
Fill out the form or contact us as you find convenient: skype, telegram, etc. Our experts will help you resolve the issue.