Thank you for your query. We will contact you soon.
Registering a company in the Maldives in 2020
Key benefits of doing business in this jurisdiction:
- A favorable legal climate;
- A low tax jurisdiction;
- A liberal legal field for business;
- A simple company registration procedure;
- You can open a company in the Maldives of any orientation;
- No VAT, royalty taxes and dividends.
A cost of registering a business is from € 3400
A company registration period is from 21 days
Maldives is a tropical republic, opening a visa-free regime for citizens of all countries of the world. This is one of the most environmentally friendly places on the planet, and this is one of the influential reasons to start business in Maldives. The land part of the state is 1% of the entire territory. For the most part islanders can speak Arabic and English.
The hotel business is very developed in Maldives: one hotel for each inhabited island. Maldives are not included in the list of offshore zones at this stage and offshore IBC is not valid here. This state of affairs does not exclude the Maldives from attractive areas for opening an international business. You can open a company in Maldives of any orientation, the main thing is that it does not contradict the legislative norms:
- a diving;
- services of water sailing and motor transport, water helicopters;
- souvenir products;
- a photography;
- the organization of marriage ceremonies;
- an entertainment;
- the import of food;
- a decoration and the floristry;
- a language translation service;
- a fishing;
- the preservation of products;
- a tailoring;
- a boat construction;
To obtain detailed information about the types of activities in Maldives, as well as request advice from an international lawyer on registration of companies in Maldives, please contact IQ Decision directly, in any way convenient for you, using the contacts listed in the form below.
Please note, that not all business sectors are fully open for incorporation. In some cases, identified on the Maldives Ministerial Resource http://www.trade.gov.mv/, licensing approvals from the Ministry of Economic Development of the Republic of Maldives will be required. The Republican Registration Center also provides this kind of information.
- LLC (Private company);
- JSC (Public company);
- Book a unique name;
- Submit documents to register a company in Maldives;
- Share capital, required to open a company in Maldives, is from $ 50,000 (no payment required);
- Bearer shares are allowed;
- Minimum number of shareholders is 1 (can be a legal entity);
- Minimum number of directors is 1 (can be a legal entity);
Registering a company in Maldives: tax conditions
- A national tax rates 5% - 15%;
- a local tax rates 0%;
- a branch tax rates 5% - 15%
To register a company in Maldives, you need to go to the capital of Male, which is the only city. But IQ Decision lawyers can take care of almost all the issues related to registering a company in Maldives remotely, we also provide mediation on how to open a corporate account in Maldives remotely.
The information outlined in the article is actual at the time of its publication. Please refer to our specialists for checking possible solutions for your business.