Thank you for your query. We will contact you soon.
Registering a company in Maine (USA) in 2020
The main advantages of opening a business in Maine are:
- High level of economic development;
- A favorable business environment for small and medium enterprises;
- 100% foreign ownership;
- Developed banking sector;
- No requirements for an authorized capital;
- Fast registration process.
Support in company registration – from €1,750
Approximate terms of company registration – from 14 daysDetailed information
Maine is an extreme northeastern state. On the one hand, the rocky coast of Maine is washed by the waters of the Atlantic, and on the other are the state of New Hampshire and Canada. The state capital is Augusta, and the largest concentration of the population is in Portland, where the important winterport and the Maine air gate are located.
This geographic location of the state helps to attract an increasing number of investors. IQD Consulting will gladly help its clients structure business in the United States, offer registration and further services to foreign companies, as well as a legal protection for businesses in Maine.
There is no official language in the jurisdiction, the most common is English, then French and Spanish.
In coastal waters, lobsters, lobsters, oysters and other mollusks, oceanic algae, and commercial varieties valuable for the food industry are mined.
Maine is the largest US supplier of wild and cultivated blueberries. The region is also a major supplier of bottled water of deep horizons. From Maine locally sourced maple syrup. Maine also produces leather and textiles, electronic and biotechnological equipment.
To open a commercial company in Maine, check out the state tax rates:
- Common to all states federal tax is 21%;
- A corporate income tax rate from companies from 3,50-8,93% *;
- A personal income tax is 7,15%;
- A sales tax is 5,5%;
- Dividends of 35%;
* according to the size of profit. This article is an important reason, why it is easier to register a company in Maine for small or medium-sized businesses:
- SP (individual enterprise);
- RO (representative office);
- LLC (limited liability company);
- FZ LLC (company in the area with tax breaks);
- PLC (analogue of AO);
- LP (partnership);
From legal forms, you can register a corporation in Maine: with a single participant or with an unlimited number of them.
Requirements for compliance in the United States, with which the registration of a company in Maine is related:
- filing tax reports - annually;
- the information about the founders must be submitted to the open registry;
- to the residency of the shareholder and director, as well as their number - there are no restrictions;
- it is possible to register a company in America only under a unique name with the indication of a legal form;
- required to obtain a US license;
- you must open a corporate account in an American bank (without a personal visit - possibly for any amount);
- no office, secretary required;
At the same time, you can register an American company remotely and even buy a ready-made company in the USA. How to do this, IQD Consulting lawyers will advise on the phone numbers specified in the “Contacts” section.
In addition, you will receive information on how to obtain a license in the USA, apply for a bank account in America.
- US Bank;
- Northeast Bank;
- First Federal Bank;
- Camden National Bank;
- Fremont Bank;