Thank you for your query. We will contact you soon.
Registering a company in Portugal in 2020
Main advantages of this jurisdiction are:
- A developed economy and infrastructure;
- A favorable business environment;
- There are no requirements for the authorized capital of LDA;
- A business transparency;
- A short time for the establishment of the company.
Support in company registration from 4 800 €
Approximate terms of company registration is from 14 daysDetailed information
Portugal ("Portuguese Republic") is a well-developed country located on the Iberian Peninsula. The main sectors of the country's economy are: tourism, agriculture, metallurgy, mechanical engineering, textile industry.
Portugal ranks 10th of European countries in the category: “Registration of companies”. Many entrepreneurs who are focused on conducting foreign business choose this country for a number of reasons, including:
- Low tax rates;
- Comfortable conditions for doing business;
- Low operating costs;
- Positive attitude of the Government towards foreign investors.
The experts call Portugal the new star of the Eurozone in the economic sphere and predict a great future for it. If you want to register a company in Portugal, then contact the lawyers of our company.
The wide range of services provided by our specialists, as well as the availability of established contacts in this jurisdiction, makes it possible to set up a company in Portugal promptly.
The most common forms of business, that are worth considering by those who are planning to open a company in Portugal, are:
- Sociedade Limitada Lda;
- Sociedade anonima (Sociedade Aberta SA).
The first form (LDA) is an analogue of LLC. This type of company is the most popular.
The second form is an analogue of JSC (CJSC). This type of company is used for large business.
First of all, if you will choose this jurisdiction for doing business, please contact our company for professional advice in order to clarify all the nuances.
We will tell you exactly what you need to know when opening a company. For example, we propose you to consider the following aspects:
- Minimum 1 director;
- Minimum 2 participants;
- Participants of the companies become owners of shares in the capital and have financial liabilities in proportion to the size of the shares in the capital;
- There are no requirements for the share capital;
- At the same time, the cost of each share is at least 1 EUR;
- You can issue only registered shares;
- The company is managed by 1 director.
As we said above, this form is primarily used by large enterprises and includes the following compulsory conditions:
- Number of participants: minimum 5.
- The amount of the share capital: from 50,000 EUR (depending on the type of business);
- Part of the share capital is paid at the time of registration (30%), the remaining amount can be paid over time, but no later than in 5 years.
- Company management is carried out by the Board of Directors;
- You can issue registered, ordinary, privileged and bearer shares;
- The Charter is approved by the Registrar of companies.
If you decide to register a Portuguese company, then find out more details from our lawyers at the contacts listed on the site.
Businessmen wanting to set up a Portuguese company are required to submit an annual audit report. It should have annual results of activity. The company appoints a state auditor if 2 of 3 following conditions are fulfilled for 2 consecutive years (after opening the company):
- Profit: EUR 3 million and more;
- Net Assets: EUR 1.5 million or more;
- Number of employees (for year): 50 people or more.
The tax rate for those who are interested in registering a company in Portugal: 23%.
- VAT: 23%;
- Dividends: 20%;
- Royalty: 15%, etc.
Would you like to open a Portuguese company fast and efficiently? It is possible! We will help you to solve all questions and open a business abroad.
- Description of the company activities;
- The name of the company;
- The Charter;
- The share capital and shareholders;
- Each shareholder should provide: a passport, confirmation of the residence address (for example, a utility bill), tax number;
- If the shareholder is an individual: specification of a marital status. If he/she is married – a copy of the spouse's passport is provided.
- Perhaps in order to register a company in Portugal remotely, you will need to provide an additional documentation. Our experts will help you to prepare a package of necessary documents.
Summing up, we want to note that such companies are not considered offshore and are registered in accordance with all the rules of business transparency.
With our help, you can set up a company in Portugal remotely, as well as open an account for a company in Portugal and legally engage in entrepreneurial business in Europe or around the world.
The information outlined in the article is actual at the time of its publication. Please check with our specialists to consider possible solutions for your business.